Course Title: Getting Started in Research for New Investigators. This course is only open to Melbourne Children's employees
19 March 2019
11 September 2019
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Health Education & Learning Precinct (HELP)
Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne
Level 1 West Building
Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
Duration: 1 full day
Fee: $135.00 (Melbourne Children's employees only)
An overview of the issues involved in designing a clinical study. Topics covered in the course include:
- Developing the research question
- Study design and outcome measures
- Protocol development
- Ethical approval; consent principles and practice
- Data management
- Analysis planning
Materials supplied: Full set of course notes
Participants to supply: N/A
Refreshments: morning and afternoon tea provided
Registration is via Trybooking whether you are paying via cost centre transfer, invoice or credit card. Please note: there is an additional Trybooking fee of 30 cents per registration which will be applied when you register online.
If you wish to pay via cost centre transfer:
- Ask your cost centre manager to email MCRI finance dept with a request to transfer funds from your cost centre to CEBU 68092 and CC Fiona Snashall into the correspondence.
- Once Fiona receives confirmation of payment from MCRI finance dept she will email you a unique promotional code with which to register.
- Fiona cannot generate this code until payment has been confirmed.
Please DO NOT book directly through Trybooking then organise a reimbursement/cost centre transfer after the event. This creates an additional workload for both CEBU and the finance department.
If you wish to pay via invoice (RCH and external organisations):
- Email Fiona your organisation name and the name and email address of the person responsible for payment. We need to know who to follow up in the event the invoice is not paid.
- Include your name, the course name and date (many of our courses are run multiple times) and the cost of the course.
- Fiona will arrange for an invoice to be raised via MCRI finance and will email it to you with a promotional code with which you can register via Trybooking.
Payment by credit card: Proceed directly to Trybooking and follow the prompts to register.
Register for Getting Started in Clinical Research HERE.
Cancellation of registration: No refund of payment will be paid for cancellations or swapping of course dates unless received 7 calendar days prior to the course start date.