Course Title: Research Data Essentials
Dates: 28 March 2019
27 November 2019
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Health Education & Learning Precinct (HELP)
Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne
Level 1 West Building
Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
Duration: 1 day
$120.00 for internal applicants ** Fee applies to staff from MCRI, RCH and DOPs only
$300.00 for external full-time students
$400.00 for external applicants
This course takes a look at many aspects of managing research project data throughout the life of a project, from designing a database for capturing good quality data, through to cleaning data and preparing it for analysis. The course is delivered as a classroom session. You may also wish to consider registering for the My Data Rules hands-on session the following morning.
At the completion of the course participants should:
- Understand the importance of ensuring the highest quality data for analysis purposes
- Understand that time spent carefully planning the collections and cleaning of data avoids time-wasting and frustration at the analysis stage
- Be able to design a simple database
- Understand the issues involved when designing a complex, relational database and know when to seek advice
- Be able to organise project data and analysis files in a systematic manner that will support well documented and reproducible results
Materials supplied: full set of course notes.
Participants to supply: not applicable.
Refreshments: morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
Registration is via Trybooking whether you are paying via cost centre transfer, invoice or credit card. Please note there is an additional Trybooking fee of 30 cents per registration which will be applied when your register online.
Payment by cost centre transfer (MCRI employees only):
- Ask your cost centre manager to email MCRI finance dept with a request to transfer funds from your cost centre to CEBU 68092 and CC Marian into the correspondence.
- Once Marian receives confirmation of payment from MCRI finance dept she will email you a unique promotional code with which to register.
- Promotional code cannot be generated until payment confirmed.
Please DO NOT book directly through Trybooking then organise a reimbursement/cost centre transfer after the event. This creates an additional workload for both CEBU and the finance department.
Payment by invoice (RCH and external organisations):
- Email Marian your organisation name and the name and email address of the person responsible for payment. We need to know who to follow up in the event the invoice is not paid.
- Include your name, the course name and date (many of our courses are run multiple times) and the cost of the course.
- Completed invoice will be emailed to you with a promotional code with which to register via Trybooking.
Payment by credit card: Proceed directly to Trybooking and follow the prompts to register.
Register for Research Data Essentials HERE.
Cancellation of registration: No refund of payment will be paid for cancellations or swapping of course dates unless received 7 calendar days prior to the course start date.
Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics Unit (CEBU)
Murdoch Children's Research Institute
The Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
T: 9936 6049