REDCap I: Introduction to REDCap
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online databases and surveys. It is available for use in MCRI research free of charge. This half-day course provides hands-on instruction in the development of a simple database and online survey, along with an introduction to some other areas of REDCap's functionality.
- 19 February 2019
- 4 April 2019
- 26 June 2019
- 28 August 2019
- 13 November 2019
Time: 9.00am - 1.00pm
Room 1.046A & B
Health Education Learning Precinct
Department of Paediatrics, UOM
Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
Duration: One half day session
Fee: $100.00 Internal participants only
At the completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Feel comfortable navigating around the REDCap application
- Create and configure a new project
- Create and edit data collection forms
- Perform data entry
- Understand the lifecycle of a REDCap project
- Create and administer an online survey
- Be aware of some of REDCap's additional features and limitations
- Know where to seek more information
Materials supplied: full set of course notes.
Refreshments: morning tea provided.
Registration is via Trybooking whether you are paying via cost centre transfer, invoice or credit card. The Trybooking link is available on the information page for each course. Please note there is an additional Trybooking fee of 30 cents per registration which will be applied when your register online.
Payment by cost centre transfer (MCRI employees only):
- Ask your cost centre manager to email MCRI finance dept with a request to transfer funds from your cost centre to CEBU 68092 and CC Fiona Snashall into the correspondence.
- Once Fiona receives confirmation of payment from MCRI finance dept she will email you a unique promotional code with which to register.
- Promotional code cannot be generated until payment confirmed.
Please DO NOT book directly through Trybooking then organise a reimbursement/cost centre transfer after the event. This creates an additional workload for both CEBU and the finance department.
Payment by invoice (RCH and external organisations):
- Email Fiona your organisation name and the name and email address of the person responsible for payment. We need to know who to follow up in the event the invoice is not paid.
- Include your name, the course name and date (many of our courses are run multiple times) and the cost of the course.
- Completed invoice will be emailed to you with a promotional code with which to register via Trybooking.
Payment by credit card: Proceed directly to Trybooking and follow the prompts to register.
Register for REDCap I HERE.
Cancellation of registration: No refund of payment will be paid for cancellations or swapping of course dates unless received 7 calendar days prior to the course start date.
Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics Unit (CEBU)
Murdoch Children's Research Institute
The Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
T: 9345 6368 (Fiona Snashall or Julie Perkins)