Dates: 30 May 2019
Time: 9.00am - 1.00pm
Room 1.046 A&B
Health Education Learning Precinct
Department of Paediatrics, UOM
Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
Duration: One half day session
$100.00 for internal applicants ** Fee applies to staff from MCRI, RCH and DOP only
$385.00 for external applicants
$220.00 for external full-time students
This session introduces participants to the graphing capabilities of Stata. Participants will be shown how to produce a range of commonly used graphs, and how to customise these graphs to their own presentation needs.
Material covered includes: common graph types; overlaying different graph types and producing multi-paneled graphs showing different subgroups; titles and labelling, alternating axes and markers, and changing graph colours.
At the completion of this half day session, you should be able to
- Understand how to create scatterplots, histograms and line graphs with confidence intervals.
- Customise graphs
- Create/edit titles and labels
- Change axes and markers
- Change the graph scheme
- Produce multi-paneled graphs
- Overlay different graph types
- Export a Stata graph for a journal article
- Create graphs using the menus
- Alter graphs using the Graphics Editor
Materials supplied: Full set of course notes.
Participants to supply: ++ Participants may elect to bring their own laptop, please see below for conditions.
NB: This option is only available for internal participants.
Refreshments: Morning tea will be provided.
Registration is via Trybooking whether you are paying via cost centre transfer, invoice or credit card. The Trybooking link is available on the information page for each course. Please note there is an additional Trybooking fee of 30 cents per registration which will be applied when your register online.
Payment by cost centre transfer (MCRI employees only):
- Ask your cost centre manager to email MCRI finance dept with a request to transfer funds from your cost centre to CEBU 68092 and CC Marian into the correspondence.
- Once Marian receives confirmation of payment from MCRI finance dept she will email you a unique promotional code with which to register.
- Promotional code cannot be generated until payment confirmed.
Please DO NOT book directly through Trybooking then organise a reimbursement/cost centre transfer after the event. This creates an additional workload for both CEBU and the finance department.
Payment by invoice (RCH and external organisations):
- Email Marian your organisation name and the name and email address of the person responsible for payment. We need to know who to follow up in the event the invoice is not paid.
- Include your name, the course name and date (many of our courses are run multiple times) and the cost of the course.
- Completed invoice will be emailed to you with a promotional code with which to register via Trybooking.
Payment by credit card: Proceed directly to Trybooking and follow the prompts to register.
Register for Stata Graphics HERE.
Cancellation of registration: No refund of payment will be paid for cancellations or swapping of course dates unless received 7 calendar days prior to the course start date.
Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics Unit (CEBU)
Murdoch Children's Research Institute
The Royal Children's Hospital
PARKVILLE VIC 3052
T: 9936 6049
++ Conditions when providing personal laptops
- This option is available for MCRI, RCH & DOPs staff only
- This option is NOT AVAILABLE for Students from external organisations
The program software MUST be installed on your laptop prior to the course start date. Software cannot be installed by instructors on the day or during the course. The course cannot be delayed for students who arrive late or without the required software installed.
Installation of Stata for students who choose to bring their own laptop
30-day Stata licences and installation instructions will be emailed to course participants one week prior to commencement of the course. If you have any questions about installing the software please email Monsurul Hoq.
PLEASE NOTE: If you elect to bring your laptop and arrive without it, you will not be guaranteed use of a PC for the course and therefore may have to undertake the course as an observer only.