The project is supported by a large team of researchers experienced in pregnancy-related research. They are:
- Prof Jane Halliday- NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, Public Health Genetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Dr Colleen O'Leary- NHMRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow, National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University, Perth
- Prof Della Forster- Research Fellow, Mother and Child Health Research, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- A/Prof Susan Donath- Research Fellow, Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics Unit, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- A/Prof Peter Anderson- NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, Vic. Infant Brain Studies (VIBeS), Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Dr Sharon Lewis- Senior Research Officer, Public Health Genetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Prof Elizabeth Elliott- Consultant Paediatrician, The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Sydney
- Dr Cate Nagle- Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing & Behaviour, Deakin University, Geelong
- A/Prof Jeffrey Craig- Group Leader, Developmental Epigenetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Ms Evi Muggli- Senior Research Officer, Public Health Genetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Prof Tony Penington- Jigsaw Foundation Chair, Dept of Plastic & Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Melbourne Academic Centre, Incorporating Department of Paediatrics
- Dr Justine Ellis- Research Fellow, Environmental & Genetic Epidemiology Research, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Ms Joyce Cleary- Manager, Outcomes for Children and Young People, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Dr Susan White- Clinical Geneticist, Genetic Health Services Victoria, Melbourne
- Dr Richard Saffery- Group Leader, Cancer & Disease Epigenetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Ms Anne Glynn- Research Officer, Public Health Genetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- This project has been funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) for five years (2011-2016).
- The AQUA study questionnaire was developed with funding from VicHealth.
- The McCusker Charitable Foundation funded the on-call system in 2012 for specialist midwives to collect over 200 AQUA study birth samples.
The AQUA project is being conducted by the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute in collaboration with the Royal Children's Hospital, Curtin University, La Trobe University, Deakin University and The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Sydney.
A number of major Victorian maternity hospitals have also partnered with the AQUA study, including:
- Mercy Hospital for Women
- Royal Women's Hospital
- Monash Medical Centre
- Casey Hospital
- Dandenong Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital
The AQUA project has been supported by the volunteer service at The Royal Children's Hospital, who have provided valued practical assistance.