4 time-use clusters were found in children: ‘Studious Actives’ had the best and ‘Potterers’ the worst Health Related Quality of Life - ‘Techno Actives’ and ‘Stay-home Screenies’ were in the middle.
- Wong M, Olds T, Gold L, Lycett K, Dumuid D, Muller J, et al. Time-Use patterns and health-related quality of life in adolescents. Pediatrics. 2017;140(1). DOI: 10.1542/peds.2016-3656
An inflammatory diet is associated with adverse cardiovascular function and microvascular structure in parents but not children.
- Davis A, Liu RS, Kerr JA, Wake M, Grobler A, et al. Inflammatory diet and preclinical cardiovascular phenotypes in 11–12 year-olds and mid-life adults: A cross-sectional population-based study. Atherosclerosis, 2019; 285, 93 -101. DOI: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2019.04.212
Children with bilateral slight/mild hearing loss have lower academic, behaviour and health-related quality of life scores than normally hearing children, with some scores 0.2–0.3 standard deviations lower.
- Wang J, J Quach, V Sung, P Carew, B Edwards, A Grobler, et al. Academic, behavioural and quality of life outcomes of slight to mild hearing loss in late childhood: a population-based study. Archives of Disease Childhood, 2019. DOI:10.1136/archdischild-2019-316917
Parent-child concordance in health-related quality of life was small in this relatively healthy sample.
- Catchpool M, Gold L, Grobler AC, Clifford SA, and Wake M. Health-related quality of life: population epidemiology and concordance in Australian children aged 11-12 years and their parents. BMJ Open. 2019. 9(Suppl 3): p. 157-164. DOI: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022398.
The identified mapping algorithms can be used to facilitate cost-utility analysis in comparable populations when only the PedsQL instrument is
- Sweeney R, Chen G, Gold L, Mensah F, Wake M. Mapping PedsQL(TM) scores onto CHU9D utility scores: estimation, validation and a comparison of alternative instrument versions. 2019. Quality of Life Research. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-019-02357-9.