The Mothers’ and Young People’s Study was initially funded in 2002. We are fortunate to have received continuous funding from the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) since that time.
We have just received a fourth NHMRC grant for the study enabling us to conduct an 18-year follow-up.
We are enormously grateful to all study participants for staying in touch and for completing study questionnaires and interviews over the past 18 years.
- We have now completed the 10 year follow-up in 2016 and have produced a series of papers drawing on over 10 waves of follow up of mothers and children in the study.
- We are continuing to analyse these data and write up the findings.
Nested COVID-19 Sub-study
We are grateful to all the women and young people (15-17 years) who have accepted our invitation to complete online questionnaires asking about your experiences of living through the pandemic.
We are reporting preliminary findings in our regular newsletter and will let you know when final results are available.
18-year follow up
- We will be commencing the 18-year follow-up in early 2022.
- We are currently refining the questionnaires and study procedures for this stage of the study.
Changed your contact details?
If you have recently changed your phone number, email address or mailing address, please let us know so that we can update your contact details. Please email us at email@example.com or call a team member on (03) 9936 6442.
Alternate contact details
- As the Maternal Health Study is a longitudinal study, we sometimes lose contact with women when they move, or change contact details. If for some reason we are unable to contact you on your listed numbers or email address, we ask that you provide us with the details of someone who will always know how to contact you. This could be your partner, another family member, or a close friend. This information will only be used to get in touch with you, and will not be part of the research project in any way. To update your alternative contact person, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (03) 9936 6442.
We produce a regular newsletter for study participants. To be added to the mailing list please email: email@example.com