“We”, “us” or “our” refers to the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute (ABN 21 006 566 972).
1. Use of the website
- comply with these Terms at all times;
- ensure that any details you choose to submit to us or stored on the website are current and accurate;
- monitor any electronic system or address designated by you for the purpose of receiving communications (we will not be liable for any delay or failure by you to do so);
- ensure that all information you submit to us, upload to the website or provide to another user of the website, is true and correct and does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any other person. Please note that each time you submit or provide information to us or another user of the website you represent and warrant to the recipient of that information that you have complied with this clause and are not infringing the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any other person;
- comply with any of our policies or procedures regarding use of the website as notified to you from time to time; and
- maintain and safeguard the privacy and security of all personal or confidential information that you obtain access to in relation to the website.
You must not:
- use the website for any unlawful purpose;
- introduce any Harmful Code (defined at section 8) into the website or use it in a manner that could damage, disable or impair our services or system;
- use any robot, scraper or other means to access the website for any purpose;
- access information or perform services relating to any other person (unless expressly permitted by us or by that other person to do so); or
- send or post any unsolicited messages or any offensive, inflammatory, defamatory, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate information or material.
You are also liable for and must indemnify us, and our related parties (including our affiliates, partners, licensors and contractors) against all losses, costs, expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), claim or damage suffered or incurred (or agree to pay by way of settlement or compromise) in connection with or arising out of:
- a breach of these Terms (including a representation or warranty);
- fraudulent or dishonest conduct of you or any person you have permitted to use this website on your behalf;
- a failure to obtain, maintain, and comply with required consents and applicable laws;
- personal injury, death or loss of or damage to real or tangible personal property;
- claims, actions or proceedings by a third party and any investigations by a government body; and
- failure to comply with any obligations of confidence or privacy under these Terms, arising out of any of your acts or omissions or any of your related parties whether accidental or not.
2. When we will contact you
We will contact you if you have subscribed to our media list, or if you are a donor or are included on our database. However, we may also contact you:
- to respond to your submitted requests;
- in relation to your use (or misuse) of the website;
- to notify you of any important security or software updates to our website; or
Please note that all donors are automatically subscribed to our research updates and newsletter function.
You hereby consent to receive the above communications (including electronic communications) from us.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive some or all communications from us, you may of course do so at any time by using the unsubscribe function on our electronic newsletter, following the opt out procedure on our electronic communications or contacting us as at any time.
Despite the above and in all circumstances, we reserve the right to communicate with you, or require you to communicate with us, in person, by post or fax in order for us to meet our legal obligations, or where we consider your electronic communication to be impracticable, inadequate or inappropriate.
We will not publish, share, or sell your personal or content information in any way.
3. Social Media
Parts of this website have social media functionality. In addition we have a number of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. These social media channels are provided by third parties and are subject to the relevant third party provider's terms and conditions (even if you access that channel via any link from this website).
We encourage you to participate in social media. If you do participate in any social media, you do so under these terms. Without limiting any other provision in these terms you must:
- act responsibly and be respectful of other users;
- not submit any content:
- advertising or endorsing any products or services of any other organisation;
- that personally identifies any other person without their express consent; and
- that we or a reasonable person would consider inappropriate.
We may remove any content submitted by you which we consider (in our absolute discretion) in breach of these terms. While we will monitor the content submitted on any of our social media channels, we may not monitor all content at all times. Accordingly, you should notify us of any inappropriate content and you should ignore any content that may be offensive to you until it is removed by us.
Without limiting any other provision in these terms, we disclaim all liability, are not responsible for, and do not endorse any content submitted by any user on a social media channel (even if we do not remove that content). In addition, any content submitted by the us or any of our personnel is subject to any disclaimers in these terms and is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, including professional medical advice or diagnosis or treatment provided by an appropriately qualified health care professional.
4. Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise stated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in our newsletters, updates, information and content provided on this website (Material), including, without limitation, the software, design, text and graphics comprised in website and the selection and layout of the website, are owned by us, our related parties or our third party licensors.
Use of the Material and related graphics on this website is for information and/or personal use only in accordance with all applicable laws. Any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use. No documents, graphics or notices (including copyright notices) in our Material or otherwise on this website are to be modified in any way. Graphics on this website are not to be used separately from the accompanying text. No part of this website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
We also retain all rights in relation to any online documents and forms completed and other information submitted by you and you assign any rights you may have in those materials to us. You agree that we can use and adapt any ideas, concepts, techniques, words or images contained in any of those materials for any purpose and without restriction or compensation.
The website and Material display our trade marks. Explicit written permission is required to use our trademarks, names or logos in any manner (including in publicity releases, advertising, promotional materials, direct mail, seminars, on your website, or in other communications). Information about using our logo and images is available in Media Resources.
While we will always use our best endeavours to implement security controls and prevent unauthorised access to, or use of, the website, you acknowledge that the internet is an insecure public network where there is a risk that your use of, and interactions with, this website may be viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties and that this website and any information on this website may contain Harmful Code.
To the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee that there will not be, or accept any liability for, any Harmful Code on the website or a breach of security by a third party or any interference with or damage to your computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website.
Whilst we endeavour to provide continuous access to this website, we do not warrant that your access will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
Your access to this website may be suspended in the case of system failure, maintenance, repair or any reason beyond our control.
6. Third party material and links
References to other websites, such as social networking sites, are provided solely for your convenience and to inform only and do not constitute or imply endorsements of any other organisation or any affiliation with us. We are not responsible for the content or practices of linked sites or their privacy policies regarding the collection, storage, use and dissemination of personal information.
Creating a text link from your website to our website does not require permission. If you have a link you'd like us to consider adding to our website, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Link request."
7. Disclaimers and exclusion of liability
The Material (being our newsletters, updates, information and content provided on this website) is provided as general information only containing matters which may be of interest to you. The Material is current at the date of publication but may be subject to change.
While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Material, we do not accept any legal liability in respect of any inaccuracy or incompleteness in such Material or the website (and how you may use it and the Materials) more generally. You use the Material at your own risk and you are solely responsible for all your acts or omissions carried out in connection with, or in reliance on, the Material.
The Material is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by an appropriately qualified health care professional.
Despite any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we will not be liable for any consequential, special, incidental, indirect or punitive losses, costs, expenses or damages, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including negligence) arising out of or in connection with the website or our performance or non-performance of our obligations under these Terms, even if we have been advised of the possibility of that damage.
- In these Terms, “Harmful Code” means any computer code or routine that is harmful, destructive, disabling or which assists in or enables theft, alteration, denial of service, unauthorised disclosure or destruction or corruption of data, including viruses, worms, spyware, adware, keyloggers, trojans and any new types of programmed threats that may be classified, but excluding passwords, software keys and like features that are security features or intended elements of software used to prevent unauthorised access and use;
- These Terms are governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia. By visiting and using the website you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that State and all courts with jurisdiction to hear appeals from those courts.
- If any one or more of the provisions of these Terms are invalid or otherwise unenforceable, to the extent possible the provision should be read down to reflect the intent of the parties and the enforceability of remaining provisions shall be unimpaired.
9. Want to get in touch?
If you have any queries in relation to our Terms, accessibility or are seeking permission to use any of our intellectual property, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your enquiries and comments.