You are here
Dr Jessika Hu
Dr. Yanhong Jessika Hu worked as a leading clinician and training program manager while she worked with Clinton Health Access Initiative. She has been leading research grant application, research design, research implementation, data management and research publication since her PhD study. Now she is a senior epidemiologist, she is co-leading the solution hub team and leading the epidemiology team for grant application, study methods, study review, evidence searching, manuscript writing, supervision and knowledge translation.
1) Fulbright scholar at University of North Carolina (2015)
2) Newton international Fellowship at Southamptom University (2016)
3) Excellent Doctoral Dissertation in Behavioral Health Award, Hong Kong Society of Behavioral Health (2016)
Hu, Y. J., Wake, M., & Saffery, R. (2020). Clarifying the Sweeping Consequences of COVID-19 in Pregnant Women, Newborns, and Children With Existing Cohorts. JAMA pediatrics
J Yuan, YJ Hu, J Zheng, J Kim, T Sumerlin, Y Chen, Y He, C Zhang, J Tang, Y Pan, M Moore, Long-term use of antibiotics and risk of type 2 diabetes in women: a prospective cohort study, International Journal of Epidemiology, , dyaa122, https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyaa122
YJH Hu*, BJ Cowling. Reducing antibiotic use in livestock, China. Bull World Health Organ 2020. https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.19.243501.pdf
Wang S, Hu YJ*, Little P, et al. The impact of the national action plan on the epidemiology of antibiotic resistance among 352,238 isolates in a teaching hospital in China from 2015 to 2018. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2019;8:22. doi:10.1186/s13756-019-0473-y
YJH Hu*, Lord Jim O'Neill. Antimicrobial resistance insights: More quick actions are needed in BRICS & MINT economic transition countries. 2019 Oct 2 BMJ. https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2019/10/02/antimicrobial-resistance-more-quick...
YJH Hu*, Anju Ogyu, Benjamin Cowling, Keiji Fukuda, Herbert Pang. Available evidence of antibiotic resistance from extended-spectrum ß-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in paediatric patients in 20 countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. Bull World Health Organ 2019;97:486–501 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2471/BLT.18.225698
YJH Hu*, BJ Cowling, K Fukuda, What is missing in surveillance for control of antimicrobial resistance? Lancet Infect Dis. 2018 May 25. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(18)30294-9.
YH Hu, XM Wang, JD Tucker, P Little, et,al. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice with Respect to Antibiotic Use among Chinese Medical Students: A Multicentre Cross-Sectional Study. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2018, 15, 1165.
YH Hu, J Walley, R Chou et al, Interventions to reduce childhood antibiotic prescribing for upper respiratory infections: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2016 Jun 20. doi: 10.1136/jech-2015-206543.
- Antibiotic prescribing behavior for acute diarrhea among Big Bay areas (2019)
- Diarrhoea Antibiotic Management using Over-the-counter Nutraceuticals in Daily practice (DIAMOND) (2017)
- Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) policy framework in Big Bay area (Guangdong – Hong Kong – Macao) (reference number: S2017.A8.005.17S) (2018)
- Interventional study on reducing antibiotic over prescribing for childhood upper respiratory infections in rural China (MR/M022161/1) (2015)