You are here
Dr Misel Trajanovska
Dr Trajanovska is a researcher who has worked on a range of projects.
Her research career began in 2002 in the Department of Gastroenterology at The Royal Children's Hospital. A few years later she joined the Murdoch Children's Research Institute in Neonatal Nursing. In 2009, she completed her PhD at The University of Melbourne. Her PhD, a mixed-methods study, explored parental use of non-prescription medicine for children aged up to 24 months and the healthcare provider-parent communication related to these medicines.
Post PhD, she joined the Parenting Research Centre as a Research Fellow for the Early Home Learning Study, a parent-based intervention aimed at improving poor language and literacy outcomes of young children. In 2015, she returned to The Royal Children's Hospital to coordinate a quality improvement project, which involved development and implementation of a new model of care for children experiencing symptoms of bowel and/or bladder dysfunction. This led to her return to the Murdoch Children's Research Institute, where she currently works as a Research Coordinator with the Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction Service.
Honorary Fellow, Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne
Honorary, Colorectal & Pelvic Reconstruction Service, The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne
Dr Trajanovska has over 15 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative research. Her primary research focus includes the health and wellbeing of very young children, supporting families of children with chronic illness, knowledge exchange, and bridging the gap between research and practice.
1. Rachel H, Griffith A, Teague WJ, Hutson JM, Gibb S, Goldfeld S, Trajanovska M & King SK. Polyethylene Glycol dosing for constipation in children under 24 months: a systematic review. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (in press)
2. Ling N, Trajanovska M, Griffith A, Phan T, Gibb S, Goldfeld S, King SK. (2020) Paediatric bladder dysfunction: a single centre experience of public hospital wait times. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 56(5), 797-803.
3. Trajanovska M, Liew A, Gibb S, Goldfeld S, King SK. (2019). A retrospective audit of referral and triage pathways of paediatric patients with constipation and soiling. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 56(2), 298-303.
4. Trajanovska M, King SK, Goldfeld S, Gibb S. (2019). A novel method of rapid appraisal of clinical practice guidelines for children with enuresis. Journal of Pediatric Urology, 15(4), 333.e1-333.e9.
5. Trajanovska M, King SK, Gibb S, Goldfeld S. (2018). Children who soil: a review of the assessment and management of faecal incontinence. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 54(10), 1136-41.
6. Sood S, Lim R, Collins L, Trajanovska M, Hutson JM, Teague WJ, King SK. (2018). The long-term quality of life outcomes in adolescents with Hirschsprung disease. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 53(12), 2430-4.
7. Collins L, Collis B, Trajanovska M, Khanal R, Hutson J, Teague W & King S. (2017). Quality of life outcomes in children with Hirschsprung Disease. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 52(12), 2006-2010.
8. Hackworth NJ, Berthelsen D, Matthews J, Westrupp EM, Cann W, Ukoumunne OC, Bennetts SK, Phan T, Scicluna A, Trajanovska M, Yu M & Nicholson JM. (2017). Impact of a brief group intervention to enhance parenting and the home learning environment for children aged 6-36 months: A cluster randomised controlled trial. Prevention Science, 18(3), 337-349.
9. Nicholson JM, Cann W, Matthews J, Berthelsen D, Ukoumunne OC, Trajanovska M, Bennetts SK, Hillgrove T, Hamilton V, Westrupp E & Hackworth NJ. (2016). Enhancing the early home learning environment through a brief group parenting intervention: Study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics, 16:73.
10. Trajanovska M, Cranswick N, Manias E & Johnston L. (2010). Parental management of childhood complaints: over-the-counter medicine use and advice-seeking behaviours. Journal of Clinical Nursing.19, 2065-75.
11. Trajanovska M, Cranswick N, Manias E & Johnston L. (2010). Use of over-the-counter medicines for young children in Australia. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. 46, 5-9.
12. Trajanovska M, Burns S & Johnston L. (2007). A retrospective study of breastfeeding outcomes in an Australian neonatal intensive care unit. Journal of Neonatal Nursing. 13, 150-54.
13. Catto-Smith AG, Trajanovska M & Taylor RG. (2007). Long-term continence after surgery for Hirschsprung’s Disease. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 22, 2273-82.
14. Catto-Smith AG, Trajanovska M & Taylor RG. (2006). Long-term continence in patients with Hirschsprung’s Disease and Down’s syndrome Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 21, 748-55.
15. Trajanovska M & Catto-Smith AG. (2005). Quality of life measures for faecal incontinence and their use in children. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 20, 919-28.