Who can take part?
Neonatal and paediatric trained pathology collectors will be collecting the blood samples after obtaining informed consent from the family.
- We are looking for healthy children aged 28 days to 18 years old, attending hospital for minor elective surgery requiring a general anaesthetic
- We are also looking for healthy term babies with a gestational age of 36-42 weeks.
- We are also looking for generally healthy premature babies with a gestational age greater than 28 weeks
Where is the HAPPI Kids Study taking place?
The HAPPI Kids study will be recruiting patients across five sites:
- The Royal Children’s Hospital
- The Royal Women's Hospital
- Northern Health together with Healthscope Pathology
- Sunshine Hospital, Western Health together with Dorevitch Pathology
- Cabrini Hospital together with Melbourne Pathology